Michael Candalor accepts the 2015 Family of the Year Award on behalf of his entire family from State Deputy Steve Burnley
2015 Family of the Year
Michael and Laurie Candalor
Michael Candalor has served as Grand Knight, Financial Secretary and Trustee and has chaired a number of Council charity committees and a has been a brother Knight for 19 years, and is a member of Springfield Council 6153.
He and his family have been very involved with their parish and community. Their major recent accomplishments include coordinating the parish’s annual rummage sale, coordinating the annual Christmas Pageant and its summer theatre program, where they spend countless volunteer hours preparing the cast for finished production; assisting in a program to deliver cribs to families in the community and; assisting with decorating the church during the major liturgical holidays.
The Candalors have been proactive in supporting church activities by participating at the various events; they have a CAN-DO attitude, with smiles on their faces.
• Regularly attend Mass on Sundays and Holidays
• Volunteer for the car-raffle envelope stuffing to raise money for the tuition assistance program
• Volunteer as Eucharistic Ministers, Usher & Lector
• Lead the Doughnut & coffee program during K of C Membership Drives
• Wife is a substitute teacher at a parochial school
• Assist with delivering cribs through ‘Project Manger’
• Pancake Breakfast & Breakfast with Santa
• Fall Festival
• Keep Christ in Christmas Sales
• Christmas Tree sales
Virginia State Council - Knights of Columbus | Copyright 2015 | All rights reserved